Friday, October 29, 2010

In & out of the kitchen

As much as we enjoy spending time in the kitchen, we do love a good meal out every now and then. The problem is, more often than not, we leave feeling dissapointed, thinking: I like ours better.

But sometimes I leave with a sense of inspiration. I want to recreate a dish, or explore it in a new way.

Today we lunched at Besitos. My husband remembered a fabulous pork dish I'd ordered on our first visit, and we suddenly had to have it.

And it was good. Dollops of well-seasoned, fork-tender pork with cactus paddle and yucatan salsa served atop tiny little corn tortillas. Savory, spicy, delicious. I must recreate something like these! And I think I will. We are bound to have another Mexican-themed party sometime soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment